Pages

2.07.2011

Scary Day

It was 2:25 and I was just about to get ready to go meet Braden at the bus, when my phone rang...It wasn't a number I recognized, so I decided not to answer it. They left a voicemail so I check it and my heart dropped. Braden was in the health office with a pretty severe cut in the back of his head. He was on the playground at recess and smacked the back of his head on a metal pole. She was pretty sure he was going to need staples based on the amount of blood. I was freaking out. A million things raced in my mind....I really don't think he could have handled staples or stitches. They would have had to sedate him for sure! I grabbed Brooklyn and we rushed to the school. I walked in the office and there Braden sat with tears in his eyes holding some gauze to the back of his head. My heart broke for him. 
We headed back home where I put him in the bath to try and clean off all the dried blood from his hair to see how deep it was. Luckily it looked a lot worse than it was. Apparently heads just bleed like crazy! Good to know. I put neosporin on it and wrapped it, and he is now taking a nice long nap. I am just so thankful it wasn't worse!

No comments:

 
Share |